There will be weekly programming assignments, that will constitute
65% of the course grade. There will also be a final programming project, that will constitute
35% of the grade (25% for programming, 10% for the project presentation).
Any late submission (for an assignment or a project) will incur a
penalty of 2% of the assignment (or project) points per hour. No extensions will be given, except for
well-documented medical (or otherwise serious) emergencies, in which
case extensions will be granted according strictly to UTA guidelines.
- Assignment 1. Due Sunday 01/29/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: connected components, frame differencing.
- Assignment 2. Due Sunday 02/05/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: morphological operations, colors, gradients.
- Assignment 3. Due Sunday 02/12/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: edge detection, hough transforms.
- Assignment 4. Due Sunday 02/19/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: statistical color models, color-based object detection.
- Assignment 5. Due Sunday 03/04/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: normalized correlation, template matching, PCA.
- Assignment 6. Due Sunday 03/25/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: AdaBoost, rectangle filters, one-vs.-all classifiers.
- Assignment 7. Due Sunday 04/01/2012, 11:55pm. Topics: motion energy images, DTW.